Sandhill REC Field Day: Cover Crops in Sandy Soils
April 3, 2019, 9 AM - 2 PM
Clemson Sandhill REC, Lake House 900 Clemson Road - Columbia, SC
Workshop participants will learn about the potential for cover crops to improve soil health and provide weed management on sandy agricultural soils. The workshop will include a tour of cover crop demonstration and research plots at the Sandhill REC, as well as information from USDA-NRCS on technical and financial assistance for on-farm conservation practices.
Speakers will include:
- Cody Bishop, Clemson Sandhill REC Farm Manager
- Dr. Michael Marshall, Clemson Agronomic Weed Specialist
- Dr. Jose Payero, Clemson Irrigation Specialist
- Dr. Bhupinder Farmaha, Clemson Nutrient Management Specialist
- Dr. Rongzhong Ye, Clemson Assistant Professor of Soil Health
- Charles Davis, Clemson Agronomic Crops Program Team
- Gordon Mikell, USDA-NRCS Conservation Agronomist
Lunch will be provided by our sponsors. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Register online or RSVP to Charlie Fisher at 803-576-2080 or email@example.com.
2 Pesticide Applicator CCHs and 2.5 Certified Crop Advisor CEUs are available!